Friday, December 23, 2011

True Story: Santa is Real!

I told myself that I would not do any last minute Christmas shopping. I told myself that I would have a relaxed, low stress, idyllic Christmas. I envisioned our family sitting around the fire, laughing and singing Christmas carols. We would wear matching winter sweaters, with reindeer and snowflakes.
Now all of you know that I am a liar.
I slogged through malls, shops, and traffic today with the rest of procrastinating humanity. I watched a pickup with a plow literally plow into the back of a minivan as we slogged through roads that got a foot of snow last night. I forgot to pack myself a lunch and ended up eating something that gave me an allergic reaction. Hmm. Stress free. Christmas sweaters. No.
I came home exhausted, and as drove I remembered that my driveway was still full of that same foot of snow. And that is when the magic happened.
I drove into the circle, and saw that my driveway was empty. Plowed. Beautiful. And on my door was this note:
"Merry Christmas 'N' a Happy New Year, From Santa"
I am here today to tell you that Santa is Real! And Santa, whoever you are, I love you.
And to a special somone in this picture: I am missing you this Christmas. Utah stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment